Do you know a student who has taken what they’ve learned in a JA program to the next level? Do they enjoy speaking in public and building on their important work readiness and business skills? If this student has participated in a JA program they may be eligible to be Junior Achievement’s next JA Young Ambassador.
What are the criteria?
- Must be a student, Kindergarten through 12th grade, who has received at least one JA programs
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Outgoing, personable and entertaining
- Transportation to/from speaking engagements and other events
What does this program entail?
The students selected will serve as representatives of the students JA serves, helping JA supporters and the community to better understand the impact of JA programs. Through the experience, JA Young Ambassadors will have the opportunity to hone their work readiness skills by learning:
- How to speak/present to large groups
- How to network and converse with members of the business community
- How to communicate in a business environment (phone calls, letters, in-person communication, etc.)
- How to conduct oneself in a professional environment
In recent years, JA Young Ambassadors have been invited to:
- Attend and participate in various JA events including our Open House, fundraising events, community events, etc.
- Attend important donor meetings and contribute their perspective/experience
- Present at JA board meetings
- Speak at business and community events
- Accept awards on behalf of Junior Achievement
- Conduct media interviews
- Write letters of impact and/or acknowledgment to community partners
- Conduct Thank a thon calls to partners
- And more!
How do students apply?
Candidates must be nominated by an adult. To nominate a student, download and fill out the JA Young Ambassador Program Application. Applications can be returned by email to email@example.com or mailed to the JA offices (636 W Southern Ave, Tempe, AZ 85282) to the attention of Anne Landers.