JA of Arizona COVID-19 Update
At JA of Arizona, our top priority is the safety and well-being of our students, staff, educators, volunteers, and the AZ communities we serve.
Based on the CDC’s recommendations around large group gatherings, we are responding in the following ways effective immediately:
- All staff is working remotely through Friday, May 8. The JA team is focused on our organization’s strategic goals and will continue to work hard to drive our mission forward.
- All activities at our JA BizTown/JA Finance Park facilities in Tempe are suspended through May 10.
- All in-person volunteer-led classroom JA programming is also suspended through May 10.
- JA is making available to the impacted schools and the general public a list of FREE resources that can be utilized in classrooms and at home. See the resources here
- We are hosting LIVE learning lessons on Instagram every Tues-Thurs morning. Learn more
- Our JA 18 Under 18 breakfast event is canceled; all other promotional activities around the awards will continue. Be sure to read about our amazing recipients on April 11 at www.18under18.org!
- As of now, our JA Golfer’s Dream Day event is postponed and more details will be communicated when we have the updated information.
While we are incredibly sad to suspend these programs and events this year, we exist to serve our community and we believe the best way to do so is by doing our part to help the greater good.
We continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19 and follow the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local health agencies and the Arizona Department of Education as they are updated daily.
We understand that this is a unique time for everyone and we appreciate the support of our community as we continue to communicate information and updates as they become available.
It won’t be “business as usual” for a while, but we are no less committed to our mission and the students we inspire – we know you are, too. Your continued partnership is appreciated and valued. Thank you for being a part of the JA family! We hope you and your family are safe and well.
Thank you for your continued support.JA Online Learning Resources