1. I understand that there are certain risks inherent in attending larger social gatherings. I also understand that my participation as a networker may be dangerous and could involve the risk of serious injury, even death.
2. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, I acknowledge that any level of involvement or participation in these kinds of events may expose me to various viruses or infections that could be dangerous or even deadly.
3. I certify that I can answer "No" to ALL questions below. If I answer “YES” to any questions, I will not participate in the tournament.
Within the last fourteen (14) days, have you…
• Been diagnosed with COVID-19 or been in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19?
• Been tested for COVID-19 and pending test results?
• Been personally requested to quarantine by a doctor or other medical authority?
• Traveled outside the United States?
• Run a fever over 100.4° Fahrenheit?
• Experienced shortness of breath?
• Experienced abnormal coughing symptoms?
• Experienced loss of taste or smell, chills, shaking, sore throat or muscle aches?
• Experienced any other unusual flu-like symptoms?
4. I acknowledge that from the time I arrive at the Junior Achievement of Arizona facility I will adhere to social distancing and will make every effort to maintain at least six (6) feet of space between myself and all other persons during the After 5 mixer.
5. I agree to wear a face covering that covers my mouth and nose anytime I am indoors and/or anytime I am within 10 feet of any other person at the After 5 mixer.
6. I acknowledge that I will follow all signage, instructions, policies and procedures communicated to me by Junior Achievement Staff and understand that I may be asked to leave should I deliberately or knowingly violate any of these instructions, policies or procedures.
Assumption of the Risk
7. I understand that Junior Achievement and the Arizona Tech Council have implemented policies and procedures in an effort to help provide a safe environment for me and others to participate in the After 5 mixer, but neither Junior Achievement, the Arizona Tech Council, nor myself can control the conduct of others. I understand that I am assuming all risks with my participation in the After 5 mixer.
Release and Waiver
8. I hereby waive and release any and all claims and liabilities, now known or hereafter known, against Junior Achievement, its officers, board of directors, members, partners, employees, agents, sponsors, contractors, and all of their successors and assigns, as well as the Arizona Tech Council, their respective officers, board of directors, members, employees and all of their successors and assigns on account of (a) injury, disease, infection, death, and property theft or damage, arising out of or attributable to my presence at the After 5 mixer on September 23, 2021.
BY SIGNING, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS RELEASE, WAIVER AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE MCCORMICK RANCH GOLF CLUB AND/OR JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT OF ARIZONA.
This COVID-19 Participant Release and Waiver must be signed prior to the individual’s participation as a networker at the Arizona Tech Council After 5 mixer on September 23, 2021.