JA Career Exploration Fair 2020
JA Career Exploration Fair is an event where students learn about a range of career options across multiple career clusters. Volunteers share information about their businesses and/or jobs and students ask questions as the speakers or students rotate from station to station. This fair is adaptable for K-12 grade students and can be part of an in-school or after-school event. Activities and implementation design will vary based on grade level.
Student objectives will vary based on grade level. Generally students will:
- Observe career speakers and the tools they use.
- Identify the variety of careers people have in the community.
- Express how jobs require specific interests and skills.
- Relate the impact of personal interests and abilities on career choices.
- Investigate a variety of careers and the skills, education preparation, training, and personal qualities needed for those careers.
- Examine how school skills apply to career paths.
- Explain the importance of staying in school and graduating high school.