JA It’s My Future
JA It’s My Future is typically for sixth through eighth grade students and consists of 6 individual guided videos and activities links to share and discuss with your students. It offers practical information to help prepare students for the working world. Students will learn how to explore potential careers, discover how to plan for a job, learn how to keep one, and develop personal-branding and job-hunting tools for earning a job.
Feel free to also utilize these in your Google Classroom! You may also share these resources with your student’s parents/guardians so they can complete them at home
Program overview: https://www.jaaz.org/program/ja-economics-for-success/
Program objectives are to teach students to:
- Identify corporate and personal brands that represent positive reputations.
- Design a logo as part of expressing a personal brand.
- Examine career clusters and the jobs in each cluster that they would like to further explore.
- Understand the interconnectivity and value of all types of jobs.
- Describe industries that are forecasted to have high growth.
- Identify work skills already developed from experiences and activities.
- Plan significant markers they need to reach to earn a particular job.
- Recognize basic job-hunting tools, including applications, resumes, recommendations, and interviewing.
- Analyze where to look for a job.
- Understand the importance of keeping a record of vital information.
- Differentiate between technical skills and soft skills.
- Describe specific soft skills they already possess and those they need to practice.
Before beginning, we ask that each student complete a short pre-test so that we may better track students’ knowledge gain. Click below to get started!
Session 1: My Brand
Session 2: Career Paths and Clusters
Session 3: High Growth Careers
Session 4: Career Mapping
Session 5: On the Hunt
Session 6: Soft Skills
Please have each student complete a short post-test so that we can track students’ knowledge gain.
*If you are an educator and would like a copy of your students’ pre- and post-tests, please contact Colleen at firstname.lastname@example.org.