Health and Safety of the JA Family
Posted in: Educators, JA Team, Partners, Students
COVID-19 Coronavirus Precautions – JA Biztown/JA Finance Park Guidelines
At JA of Arizona, our top priority is the safety and well-being of our students, staff, educators, volunteers, and the AZ communities we serve. Please be assured, we take precautions in our programs every day to promote a healthy learning, volunteering and working environment. With recent news around coronavirus (COVID-19), we know you may have questions about how we can all do our part to keep the community healthy.
We are carefully monitoring COVID-19 developments and taking proactive measures. We are adhering to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local health officials, and the Arizona Department of Education guidelines, and will make necessary and timely changes to help protect the JA Family, as needed. At this time, Junior Achievement will continue to take the lead from our academic partners and are working closely with them to ensure the continuity of our programs.
We understand that this is a unique time for our students, educators, volunteers, partners, and staff and we appreciate the support of our community as we continue to communicate information and updates as they become available.
What JA Is Doing:
- Facility Deep Cleaning: We are continuing to conduct thorough disinfecting of all JA BizTown, JA Finance Park and office surfaces every night using approved disinfectants and ensuring all high-transfer areas (door handles, light switches, drinking fountains, etc.) are being cleaned and sanitized more frequently. All program items utilized by the students are cleaned and sanitized.
- On-site Facility Disinfectant: Additional antibacterial disinfectant and wipes have been added throughout the JA facility for visitors and staff
- Hand Washing Guidelines: Employees, volunteers, and students are encouraged to clean their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and to use provided disinfectant. Increased announcements and signage promoting frequent hand washing have been added in restrooms.
- Education: All JA employees are being briefed on the CDC’s recommendations for preventing the spread of COVID-19 and are required to stay home if showing symptoms of illness.
- Visitors: All visitors, volunteers, staff and students are encouraged to stay home if showing symptoms of illness such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, chills or abnormal fatigue.
What You Can Do:
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds- if soap and water are not available please use alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick or showing symptoms of illness such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills or abnormal fatigue.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue (not into your hands); sneeze into your elbow when a tissue is not immediately available
- Clean and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces and items often
We encourage all JA volunteers, educators, students and partners to stay informed and practice good hygiene. As this situation continues to evolve, we will provide further updates when warranted.
Thank you for partnering with us to keep our student, staff and community partners healthy, safe and secure.
For questions about JA BizTown/JA Finance Park programs, please contact Colleen Cox, SVP of Education.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Maricopa County Health Department
- Arizona Department of Health Services
- Arizona Department of Education