Our Privacy Vow to Our Donors
We will not sell, share, or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations, unless our donor has given Junior Achievement of Arizona specific permission to do so.
This policy applies to all information received by Junior Achievement of Arizona, both online and offline, as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will be used for purposes necessary to process the donation. Some of our partners may use our donor’s information in aggregate for statistical analysis, but data that are organizationally or personally identifiable will not be shared.
Reviewing or Deleting Your Personal Information
You are entitled to know what personal information we collect about you and to have access to that information. You can request to access and review your personal information, or have your account and personal information deleted, at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
You can choose not to receive any communications about events or publications we believe might be of interest to you. Individuals may opt-out of communications by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of Information
Any personal information you provide to Junior Achievement USA or that we collect from you is maintained and accessible only by Junior Achievement USA, JA Worldwide, local JA areas and other licensee members of the JA network (collectively, “JA Network Members”), unless specifically stated otherwise. Junior Achievement may use the information it collects in any of the following ways:
- We do not sell or trade your personally identifiable information to others. We will NOT release your personally identifiable information to other organizations (other than JA Network Members) without your express permission.
- Certain use of Junior Achievement USA’s trademark, copyright and other intellectual property is licensed from JA Worldwide, which entity owns the trademarks “JA”, “Junior Achievement” and other related branding rights, and with whom Junior Achievement USA has contractual obligations in connection with the licensing of those intellectual property rights. We may share your personally identifiable and anonymous information with JA Worldwide and other JA Network Members, but only for use in connection with the overall Junior Achievement organization.
- Non-specific, aggregate data is used for the purposes of collecting general demographic information, measuring user interests, and analyzing the collective characteristics and behaviors of our registered visitors. The collection of this information allows us to appropriately change and update our programs and service our Websites and web platforms to improve our programs and services and the user experience.
- From time to time, Junior Achievement may use your information to inform you of changes and enhancements to our content and services. For those who have elected to receive information from Junior Achievement such as offers or information about the company, we may send you direct or electronic mail regarding products and services we feel may be of interest to you. If you do not want to continue to receive such offers or information, simply tell us and we can edit your account information to no longer receive such mailings.
- If you enter a sweepstakes or contest, we may use any personally identifiable or anonymous information that you provided to contact you if you should win.
- We respond to subpoenas, warrants, or other court orders and judicial authorities regarding personally identifiable information and anonymous information concerning any member or visitor. We also reserve the right to report any activity to law enforcement that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
- Junior Achievement also cooperates with, and reserves the right to release any and all personally identifiable information to tax collection and tax law enforcement agencies in order to identify those users who may owe taxes on earnings from Junior Achievement prize winnings. (U.S. residents who win $600.00 or more combined cash and merchandise prizes in a calendar year must provide their Social Security number in order to receive “1099” forms from Junior Achievement.)
- Junior Achievement uses SSL security on any form that requires credit card information. We will never ask for information that could be used in a phishing scheme without the SSL security behind the form.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our Websites cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
Information for Global Users
JA is an organization located and operating in the United States. Global users of our Websites, programs and services should be aware that the privacy and data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. If you provide personal information to JA, you understand that your personal information will be transferred, used, stored and/or processed to and within the United States. With respect to users to whom the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) applies, to the extent your personal information is processed by, or on behalf of, JA, the lawful basis for such for processing is (a) your consent; (b) JA’s legitimate interests in conducting its operations, including to make its services available to you and to grow and improve such services, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests; (c) performance of a contract with you; or (d) compliance with a legal obligation, as applicable. If you have a privacy question, concern, or request for JA, including on data portability or on your rights to be forgotten or to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data, please contact us at: email@example.com. If you are a citizen of the European Economic Area and you have an unresolved privacy or data concern that JA has not addressed satisfactorily, you may contact the appropriate Data Protection Authority (DPA) free of charge. A list of DPAs can be found here.
Policies of Third Parties Not Addressed
Updates to Privacy Policies
Periodically, we may change, modify, make additions to or deletions from this policy, without giving you prior notice, or any notice. Any modifications to this policy will be posted as part of this policy. We suggest that you review and update yourself regarding this policy. Your continued use of our Websites or products and services, after any changes or modifications constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by any changes or modifications. Any modifications to this policy will be posted in this space.
Questions or Concerns
If you have a privacy question, concern, or request, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome any questions or comments you may have.