The Junior Achievement Bowl-A-Thon is a fun, easy way to support financial literacy education in Arizona. They also make great team building and company outing events!
- A $25 registration fee per person covers two hours of unlimited bowling, shoe rental, a slice of pizza, and a refillable soft drink. **Registration fee may vary by event
- JA staff members plan and execute the entire event with you.
- Events are held at various bowling alleys around the Valley.
- Form a team of five bowlers and enjoy two hours of blowing, complete with food, drink, music and the chance to win fabulous prizes!
- JA will coordinate a custom event for companies and organizations that have 10 or more teams. We will find a location and date that works for you.
How It Works
Bowl-A-Thons are themed and each team is encouraged to dress up in their best themed-outfits. Companies recruit teams of 6 bowlers to have a great time at various bowling alleys around Metro-Phoenix or Tucson.
- Each bowler should set a fundraising goal to sponsor 3 children ($136) in Junior Achievement programs for a whole year. Bowlers who reach this goal will receive a Bowl-A-Thon T-Shirt, and bowlers who go above and beyond will receive additional incentive prizes.
- Fundraising is easy with the online registration & fundraising website where bowlers can send out emails to friends and family asking them to return to the website and conveniently donate online via credit card.
- Then, on the day of the Bowl-A-Thon, your employees show up, bring their donations, and have a great time bowling with their coworkers!
Team Building Event
Many companies use this as an opportunity to support the community while hosting a team building event.
- Employees work together to achieve individual and team goals.
- You can challenge other departments and have numerous other contests.
- Volunteering in the community and supporting community events helps your employees become better professionals by enhancing their business skills and leadership abilities. Your company becomes stronger as you strengthen each employee.
- Your employees will make a direct impact on our community and on students right here in Arizona. With every $36 your employees raise, they will sponsor one Arizona student to receive Junior Achievement programs!
Custom and Competition Bowl-a-Thons
Don’t forget, if your company feels that they can recruit more than 10 teams, JA also has the option to coordinate a customized Bowl-A-Thon just for your company, at a time when it works best for you!
We also have industry competition Bowl-a-Thons: Battle of the Banks and Battle of the Accounting Firms. Join these competitions or help start your own friendly competition in your industry!
Schedule Your JA Bowl-a-Thon today
Metro-Phoenix: Bri Tournas (firstname.lastname@example.org / 480.219.0234)
Tucson: Carolyn Gorst (email@example.com / 520.792.2319)
Participating Companies include: