Do you know a student who has taken what they’ve learned in a JA program to the next level? Do they enjoy speaking in public and building on their important work readiness skills? They may be our next JA Young Ambassador.
What does this program entail?
The students selected will serve as representatives of the students JA serves, helping supporters and the community to better understand the impact of JA programs. Through the experience, JA Young Ambassadors will have the opportunity to hone their work readiness skills by learning:
- How to speak/present to large groups
- How to network and converse with members of the business community
- How to communicate in a business environment (phone calls, letters, in-person communication, etc.)
- How to conduct oneself in a professional environment
In recent years, JA Young Ambassadors have been invited to:
- Attend and participate in various JA events including our Open House, fundraising events, community events, etc.
- Attend important donor meetings and contribute their perspective/experience
- Present at JA board meetings
- Speak at business and community events
- Accept awards on behalf of Junior Achievement
- Conduct media interviews
- Write letters of impact and/or acknowledgment to community partners
- Conduct thank-a-thon calls to partners
- And more!
What are the criteria?
- Must be a student, Kindergarten through 12th grade, who has received at least one JA program
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Outgoing, personable and eager to learn
- Transportation to/from speaking engagements and other events
How do students apply?
Candidates must be nominated by an adult.
Nominate a Student Now
Words from a JA Young Ambassador Parent
“I’ve got to say [my daughter] has grown so much from the experiences with JA. I think the thank-a-thons helped her with her phone skills so much. When she was calling organizations to deliver art kits from her nonprofit, the directors that she talked to were so impressed with how she could pick up the phone and talk to them. So, thank you JA Young Ambassador program.”
Spotlight: JA Young Ambassador Rocco
Meet Rocco. He’s one of our JA Young Ambassadors. He’s a great example of the students we serve. Tell me more