Do you love working with children, helping them realize their potential and equipping them to succeed? Do you want a job that is meaningful, challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact tens of thousands of kids each year?
Working for Junior Achievement is all that and more. That’s why we’ve been selected as a 2018 Best Places to Work recipient by the Phoenix Business Journal! Join us as we empower the future.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS: Facilities Manager
Are you a cause-orientated individual who enjoys working on behalf of children, helping them realize their potential and equipping them to succeed? Do you want a job that is meaningful, challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact tens of thousands of kids each year? Do you believe that through education we can break cycles of poverty and help children to own their future?
Come join an amazing team of passionate people! For over 60 years, Junior Achievement has been shaping the future by giving youth the skills needed to succeed in work and life. We care about the work we do and the people we do it alongside. As a team, we go the extra mile and are committed to preparing students to succeed!
We are looking for an innovative self-starting leader Facilities Manager with a natural ability to manage a project, problem-solve, think strategically and critically, and work collaboratively across teams. You’ll work full-time managing our JA facility which includes the day to day maintaining of the building and grounds as well as some minor repairs and construction – particularly in the continual updating of our experiential towns where the students visit. You’ll create and manage a project timeline to maintain consistent workflow throughout the school year while also managing larger projects during school breaks. This is a very hands on position with no supervisory responsibilities.
Your attitude toward work, youth, your co-workers and the people you come in contact with through our programs are first class. Even in the most trying of times, you maintain a positive attitude, and you don’t believe in impossible. You’re flexible, understanding that sometimes things can change rapidly.
Ability to perform, organize, and prioritize multi-level tasks in a fast-paced environment while dealing with internal and external interruptions.
You are game to jump in and help whenever and however needed, even if it’s an undesirable task. When fires break out, everybody grabs a bucket, from the dogs (yes, we are a dog friendly office!) to our President!
You are a great juggler with fantastic follow through. No detail is too small or too big, each part is important to the big picture/experience.
Computer literacy with Microsoft office suite, Zoom, etc. proficiency is a not required, but a plus. Working knowledge of standard office equipment, including A/V
This position is on-site, but due to COVID we are still a remote working office for the rest of the summer so most days you may find yourself solo or with a skeleton crew. Due to COVID and our work with the community and children, COVID-19 vaccinations are preferred and masks will be required at this time.
MUST be comfortable speaking in front of small and large groups both virtually and in person
You are comfortable being a leader, but also accepting and incorporating feedback. You can adapt, problem-solve and adjust.
You have strong communication skills and provide exceptional customer service.
- Perform minor maintenance to include drywall repairs, basic plumbing repairs, painting, carpet cleaning and repairs, and cubicle changes.
- Coordinate janitorial, major maintenance and repair services and assure that all work is completed in accordance with contracts/work orders
- Perform regular inspections of facilities and grounds, keeping all areas clean and maintained
- Collaborate with team for design changes, moves and construction projects
- Move and maintain all office equipment, furniture and other office fixtures
- Set up offices and cubicles for new employees and clean out vacated offices
- Maintain control over and keep log of all entry keys
- Coordinate security password and code changes with employees, monitoring company, outside vendors and contractors
- Is first on-call staff person in the event of an alarm situation
- Assist in room setup of various meetings and functions in conference rooms
- Monitor and restock meeting items in kitchen and janitorial supplies
- Conduct regular safety inspections (building, grounds, fire extinguishers, required permits, etc.) and fire drills
- Conduct an annual assessment of facilities to identify proactively any needed improvements and repairs
- Maintain facility maintenance files and history log of major equipment repairs and replacements
- Update and maintain safety manual, written maintenance plan, and evacuation maps
Anyone interested in applying, please send your cover letter and resume to Elizabeth Clements, VP of People and Technology (email@example.com).