Do you love working with children, helping them realize their potential and equipping them to succeed? Do you want a job that is meaningful, challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact tens of thousands of kids each year?
Working for Junior Achievement is all that and more. That’s why we were selected as a 2018 Best Places to Work recipient by the Phoenix Business Journal! Join us as we empower the future.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS: Receptionist
Come join an amazing team of passionate people! For over 60 years, Junior Achievement has been shaping the future by giving youth the skills needed to succeed in work and life. We are great people doing great work. As a team, we go the extra mile and are committed to preparing our students to succeed!
We are looking for an energetic, positive, and organized receptionist that has a natural ability to problem-solve, lead, and works well within a team. You’ll work full-time in our Tempe office location managing the front desk and assisting visitors and teammates. Some days are a breeze, some days are a little hectic; every day you and your teammates will be changing lives.
- Your warm, welcoming nature is the first point of contact for our guests. Your attitude toward work, your co-workers and the people you encounter is first class. Even in the most trying of times, you maintain a positive attitude, give grace to others, and you don’t believe in the impossible.
- You are game to jump in and help whenever and however needed. When fires break out, everybody grabs a bucket, from the dogs (yes, we are a dog friendly office!) to our President. We all succeed together and “that’s not my job” isn’t in your vocabulary.
- You are detail oriented, knowing that each part is important to the big picture/experience. You can navigate the forest (impact and consequences) and the trees (day to day details).
- Whether the need be big or small, you own your initiative. You can adapt, problem-solve and adjust.
- You have the ability to perform and prioritize multi-level tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment while dealing with constant internal and external interruptions to deliver prompt and accurate customer service. You can prioritize your time, communicating completion expectations to your teammates.
- You are culturally aware, open to sharing your own perspectives and opinions, and willing to set your biases aside to embrace others different from yourself in order to build a stronger, more diverse organization that benefits from multiple viewpoints
- Computer literacy is a MUST, Microsoft Office suite is your buddy and you can navigate the programs accurately and efficiently. Your typing skills are top notch. You’re comfortable communicating with teammates both in person and remote.
Some day to day activities look like:
- Answer, screen and direct inbound phone calls; maintain switchboard system.
- Greet and direct office guests, volunteers, donors, students.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail and maintains postage accounts.
- Disburse and mails signed checks according to release schedule.
- Orders office supplies; monitors and maintains supply inventory.
- Maintains security procedures, monitors electronic logbook, and issues visitor badges.
- Maintains front desk and lobby organization; posts welcome board messages, orders lunches upon request, and assists with prepping meeting rooms as needed.
- Assists with clerical support to staff members as needed, i.e. collating recruitment and marketing packets; updating class schedules; making event name tags; database entry, etc.
Junior Achievement of Arizona is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination based on disability, race, color, religion/religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or national origin. Discrimination based on disability, race, color, religion/religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or national origin is prohibited.
Because of our work with children, Junior Achievement completes background and reference checks on all employees prior to hire.