Do you love working with children, helping them realize their potential and equipping them to succeed? Do you want a job that is meaningful, challenging, gratifying, and allows you the opportunity to impact tens of thousands of kids each year?
Working for Junior Achievement is all that and more. That’s why we’ve been selected as a 2018 Best Places to Work recipient by the Phoenix Business Journal! Join us as we empower the future.
Experiential Education Program Coordinator
Come join an amazing team of passionate people! For 60 years, Junior Achievement has been shaping the future by giving youth the skills need to succeed in work and life. You’ll find as a team we try harder, we care about the work we do and the people we do it alongside. We are committed to preparing our students to succeed!
We are looking for a new member of our team that has a natural ability to problem-solve, lead, and work well within a team. You’ll work part-time in our experiential JA BizTown and JA Finance Park programs, guiding students through our experiential simulations where they spend a day-in-the-life running our student-sized town and economy. We’ll want you to think big, but also be able to handle details. Some days are a breeze, some days a little harder; every day you and your teammates will be changing lives.
* Your attitude toward work, your co-workers and the people you come in contact with through our programs are first class. Even in the most trying of times you maintain a positive attitude, and you don’t believe in impossible.
* Computer literacy; MUST be comfortable troubleshooting basic technology.
* MUST be comfortable speaking in front of small and large groups, with or without a microphone. Can you project you voice and take charge when needed?
* You are game to jump in and help whenever and however needed. When fires break out, everybody grabs a bucket, from the dogs (yes, we have dogs visiting our office!) to our President!
* Ability to perform and prioritize multi-level tasks in a fast-paced environment while dealing with constant interruptions from students and volunteers.
* You are willing to step up and lead when necessary. You can adapt, problem solve and adjust.
* Coinciding with the school year and day, You’ll work 2-3 days a week (M-F; 7.5 hour shifts). Daily start times vary from 7:15 am to 10:15 am.
* Help to manage day-to-day operations of the program, including program paperwork and evaluations.
* Manage inventory responsibilities in JA BizTown or JA Finance Park, including restocking supplies.
* Ability to work closely with children
* Team oriented. We all succeed together.
* Detail oriented
* Ability to be on feet for long periods of time and lift up to 40 lbs.
Anyone interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Clements, JA Senior Director of Human Resources & Administration (firstname.lastname@example.org).