What type of volunteer opportunities does JA have?
We have a variety of individual and group volunteer opportunities to choose from, allowing volunteers to find an opportunity that fits their areas of interest and schedule.
JA volunteers can lend a hand in any of these ways:
- JA Classroom Volunteer: JA classroom volunteers lead JA-developed lesson plans that teach financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship in K-12 classrooms across Arizona. After being matched to a classroom and attending training, you will deliver engaging, easy-to-follow lessons infused with your unique experiences.
- JA BizTown/JA Finance Park Volunteer: Volunteers spend the day in JA BizTown® or JA Finance Park® simulations where they will help a small group of students run their business or create a personal financial plan.
- Special Events: Volunteers plan and help facilitate one of JA’s annual special events such as our golf tournaments, bowl-a-thons, and program events.
- In-Office/Administrative: Volunteers can help in our offices for short- or long-term projects (e.g. kit rebuilding, event basket-making, mailing preparations, etc.).
What requirements must a JA volunteer meet?
- Volunteers must sign and abide by JA’s Volunteer Conduct Policy.
- JA program volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
- All JA program volunteers must complete JA volunteer training and be available to work with students during normal school-day hours.
- JA volunteers who work with middle and high school students must have 3+ years of full-time professional work experience.
What are some benefits to volunteering?
Volunteers can grow in the following areas: communication, self-confidence, coaching talents, leadership, presentations, and supervisory skills.
Companies who sponsor JA enhance their company image by showing their commitment to educating today’s youth. Volunteers feel good about helping students in their community and JA can have a positive impact on employee morale!
Why I Volunteer: Karen Quick
Karen Quick is the Director of Internal Controls at Accenture and a member of the State and Central Arizona Boards.... Tell me more