JA Volunteer Opportunities
Posted in: Volunteers
We are so excited to be able to offer virtual volunteer opportunities! Our volunteers are so valuable to our organization and we have several upcoming opportunities for volunteers to get involved. Check back regularly for updates to our opportunities list!
Virtual Classroom Lessons
Volunteer to teach students a virtual lesson about work, money and life once per week for 5-6 weeks. Ability to log onto a virtual meeting platform required.
- San Miguel High School: JA Be Entrepreneurial program (Jan. 25-Mar. 1, Mondays, 1-2PM class time + 1 hour prep time)
- San Miguel High School: JA Inspire/JA It’s My Job programs (Jan. 19-Mar. 9, Tuesdays, 1-2PM class time + 1 hour prep time)
- San Miguel High School: JA Personal Finance 2.0 program (Jan. 20-Mar. 10, Wednesdays, 1-2PM class time + 1 hour prep time)
- San Miguel High School: JA You’re Hired program (Jan. 21-Mar. 4, Thursdays, 1-2PM class time + 1 hour prep time)
- Hartford Sylvia Encinas Elementary School (now-May 2021, 5 20-40 minute lessons + 1 hour prep time)
Volunteers on an event committee will need to be vocal champions for JA and the event that will be willing to introduce JA to new potential sponsors.
- JA 4.01K Race for Financial Fitness Committee (October-March, virtual and eventually in-person meetings)
- JA Bottles for BizTown Committee (January-June, virtual meetings only)