JA Young Ambassadors
Do you know any outstanding students who have participated in a JA program and are ready to take their work readiness skills to the next level? Consider nominating them for our JA Young Ambassador program and give them the opportunity to refine their skills.
Here’s what one JA Young Ambassador Rocco has to say about the program:
“I was honored to join the JA Young Ambassador and have really enjoyed and benefited from the experience. It has been fun to meet people that work in different areas, and I have learned skills like public speaking, thinking on my feet, and how important it is to network with people from all over the business world. The skills I have learned from my JA experience will help me be more prepared for my life in the future as a hopeful business person!”
What are the criteria?
- Must be a student, Kindergarten through 12th grade, who has received at least one JA programs
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Outgoing, personable and entertaining
- Transportation to/from speaking engagements and other events
What does this program entail?
The students selected will serve as representatives of the students JA serves, helping JA supporters and the community to better understand the impact of JA programs. Through the experience, JA Young Ambassadors will have the opportunity to hone their work readiness skills by learning:
- How to speak/present to large groups
- How to network and converse with members of the business community
- How to make business phone calls
- How to conduct oneself in a professional environment
How do students apply?
Candidates must be nominated by an adult. To nominate a student, download and fill out the JA Young Ambassador Program Application. Applications can be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the JA offices (636 W Southern Ave, Tempe, AZ 85282) to the attention of Anne Landers.