JA BizTown Adventures
In this self-guided virtual simulation, students gain an understanding of various aspects of running a business as they take on the roles of CEO, CFO, marketing director, sales manager, and consumer via five online adventures. Using a branching story, each adventure provides students the chance to practice problem solving, decision making, critical thinking and analytical thinking, as well as weigh saving and spending choices, consider risk management and insurance strategies, and make personal and business-related financial decisions. This is a fully online, self-guided learning experience that students can access inside or outside the classroom, following completion of the JA BizTown curriculum.
JA BizTown Adventures provides a meaningful learning opportunity that does not replace nor take away from the traditional in-person simulation. The adventures support the JA BizTown curriculum and enhance student learning. They can be used as an alternative simulation experience when or if students are unable to visit an onsite location. Alternatively, the adventures may be explored before or after the on-site simulation, enhancing the overall learning experience.
JA BIZTOWN ADVENTURES HIGHLIGHTS
- JA BizTown Adventures is a fully online, self-guided learning experience that students can access inside or outside the classroom, following completion of the JA BizTown curriculum.
- Each student participating in JA BizTown Adventures requires a digital device.
- JA BizTown Adventures provides an online, interactive alternative to students who are unable to visit an on-site simulation.
- JA BizTown Adventures can be used as an optional enhancement for students who take part in the on-site simulation.
JA BIZTOWN CURRICULUM
- The JA BizTown curriculum provides educators with lessons and resources to effectively integrate financial literacy and work and career readiness into the classroom. The program supports critical thinking skills and student engagement and helps students connect the dots between what they learn in school, via in-classroom or remote learning, and the real world.
- The traditional classroom delivery option includes both required and optional extension activities. Print and digital educator guides are available, as well as access to digital assets, including instructional videos, digitized posters, and fillable PDF student activity pages.
REVIEWS FROM JA EDUCATORS
“My class is able to go to our library during our “Field Trip” time to use school laptops. The kids loved being able to move to another space on campus. Some said it made the field trip feel more like a “trip” than a classroom activity.” – Katelyn, Dream City Elementary School
“Thank you for all your help with this crazy year! I appreciate that your team was able to come up with a fun and engaging program to keep this curriculum going.” – Sarah, Mountain View Prep
“My students felt like they were “working from home” with the virtual simulation.” – Cari, Rice Elementary School
Join us in empowering the future in Arizona